Program Fees and Scholarship Opportunity
The cost of the program for Summer 2018 is $4,750 (see below for how you can get $1,000 back!). This fee includes:
- Summer tuition and fees for both program courses (6 units - nonresidents pay in-state tuition for summer classes!)
- Summer residence hall and early move-in fees for your permanent residence hall
- Program fee to cover social and educational programs
- Peer advising during the summer program and throughout your entire Freshman year
- Your Pre-Welcome Week experience (not including Greek Recruitment)
The fee does not cover:
- Food (fall meal plans can be made accessible by contacting the Meal Plan office)
- Parking (if you bring a vehicle to campus)
- Books for the summer class, as applicable
When do I pay my fee?
When you complete your contract, you will pay a $250 non-refundable deposit. This deposit allows us to make appropriate preparations for your participation. This deposit is not refundable but will be applied to the total program cost of $4,750.
The tuition and mandatory fees portion and the remainder of the program fee (after the deposit is deducted) will be charged to your UA Bursar's account in early July and can be paid immediately. Students can access their Bursar's account through their UAccess Student Center. The program tuition and fees must be paid prior to move-in.
Get $1,000 back!
Students who earn a B or better in both classes will receive an additional $1,000 scholarship for their freshman year! Must be enrolled for 12 or more units each semester and meet with your Peer Advisor during the summer portion of the program and bi-weekly during the school year to qualify.
Students who complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA prior to June 30, 2018 may qualify for a summer Pell grant or for student loans. Please note that this is a different FAFSA than the one for your freshman year (2018-2019), and you will need to contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid in order to set up any loans you plan on using.
Please note: If you are Pell grant eligible for the 2017-2018 school year, the office of New Student Experiences recommends considering the University of Arizona's New Start Summer Program instead of UAdvantage, as there is additional financial support available for that program ONLY. Please contact our office with any questions at 520-621-5773.